1 November 2021
The application deadline is 12 November 2021UNESCO’s country programming document plays an important role in defining the direction of UNESCO’s work, which contributes to the achievement of the countries’ strategic priorities for development.
UNESCO Almaty Office is seeking for an individual consultant with the experience and knowledge in development of sub-regional strategy for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan building on the 2018-2021 sub-regional strategy, a number of assessments conducted in cluster countries in UNESCO’s fields of competence, the updated CCAs and UNESCO’s draft Programme and Budget for 2022-2025.
Under direct supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Almaty Office, the consultant shall develop the UNESCO sub-regional strategy for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, applying UNESCO’s reference document “UNESCO Country Strategy Document Guide”:
1) Review the relevant documents, including UNESCO Sub-regional Strategy for Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz republic, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan; CCAs and UNSDCFs of these countries; UNESCO assessments and reports of relevance.
2) Consult the relevant programme staff as regards UNESCO’s programming priorities for 2021-2025 and draft the document, as per UNESCO’s guidelines.
3) Ensure the relevance of content, include case studies, and key development figures and statistical graphs, and streamline language across all chapters and annexes.
4) Copy-edit and proofread final draft sub-regional strategy to meet UNESCO publication standards and provide a high-quality print layout of final sub-regional strategy document.
5) Include changes to the final document made after the final proof-reading and validation until publication.
Final and agreed fully designed sub-regional strategy.
Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 November 2021.