7 December 2020
The debate took place on 4 December 2020 and was dedicated to the following theme: "Museums during the Pandemic: Adapting to the New Normal".
The video is available in English and in Russian languages on the YouTube channel of UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty.
During the debate, the panelists were discussing the following questions:
• Current situation and challenges of museums during the COVID 19 pandemic.
• Inclusive and interactive museum approaches to communicate and attract new audience.
• What knowledge and skills do museum workers need to improve the work of Central Asian museums?
The following participants have contributed to the discussion:
• Natalia Bazhenova – senior research fellow of the State Art Museum named after A. Kasteev (Almaty, Kazakhstan), member of the Union of Artists of Kazakhstan;
• Karolina Krzywicka – Curator of Central Asian collection and Head of Cultural Programms and Communication Department in the Asia and Pacific Museum (Warsaw, Poland);
• Shirin Melikova – Director of the National Carpet Museum (Baku, Azerbaijan), President of ICOM Azerbaijan;
• Tigran Mkrtychev – Doctor of Art Studies, Director of Roerich Museum – branch of the State Museum of Oriental Art (Moscow, Russia);
• Cholpon Tentiyeva – art expert, Deputy Director of the Kyrgyz National Museum of Fine Arts named after G. Aitiev (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan), Director of the Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists of Kyrgyz Republic “Duboviy Park”.
Previous ResiliArt Debates
• "Future of the Creative Cultural Industries: Voices of Creative Industries in Central Asia" (24.06.2020);
• “Young Professionals of the Cinema Industry in Central Asia: Future Perspectives during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic” (19.08.2020);
• “Concert and Cultural-Event Industry of Central Asia during the Quarantine: Survival Lessons” (30.10.2020);
• «Cinema Heritage of Central Asia. Preservation and Promotion Challenges» (27.10.2020)